Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your skills and talent in service of a great cause? Well, look no further! If you are passionate about children, education and literacy, we are looking for you!
Take the chance to be part of a new generation of board members to shape the future of ZimLibrary. For six years, ZimLibrary has been working in Ruwa to ensure children have access to books and improve their reading ability. Visit www.zimlibrary.org.zw to learn more about us.
We are particularly looking for people with skills in the following areas:
- Strategic thinking, financial management, Resource mobilization, Research, Policy Advocacy, Information technology and management and Knowledge management.
In addition, you should have one or more of the following essential qualities:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial minded;
- Eager to apply your enthusiasm for changing the world;
- Community development expert interested in building strong sustainable programs;
- Astute advocate who can assist in navigating the complex field of policy development and implementation;
- Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in use;
- Passionate resource mobilizers and philanthropists willing to engage your peers to support the cause;
- Enthusiastic, lifelong reader, who reads both for pleasure and learning.
In return, you can expect to:
- Have the priceless satisfaction of developing a child;
- Attend four board meetings annually, virtually or physically;
- Actively serve on one of our sub-committees;
- Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues;
- Be always learning about the dynamic field of education and learning.
If you are interested in being considered for our 2021-2022 board, please email email@example.com with a short professional summary and statement of your interest.