Call for New Board Members (Independent Experts)
Girls and Women Empowerment Network (GWEN) Trust is seeking to recruit new board members to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work. While the roles are unpaid voluntary positions, this is an opportunity to guide and direct a dynamic team who are passionate about making meaningful socio-economic and environmental impact. Reasonable expenses are paid. Board members are expected to attend 3 board meetings per year, but also to participate in the life of the organization between board meetings, engaging with the staff team contributing their valuable experience in their field and acting in an ambassadorial role for the organisation. Board positions are advertised for a maximum period of 2 years (term may be renewed).
About GWEN Trust
Girls and Women Empowerment Network Trust is a community centred organisation operating in Greater Harare, Chitungwiza and its peripheries. The organisation main mission is to build the capacity of girls and young women as well as provide them with support and platforms for engagement in pursuit of their empowerment in all spheres of life.
About the roles
We are seeking to recruit board members and expect that different candidates will bring a range of skills and experience to cover and include the following:
- Girls and women’s rights, Finance, Resource Mobilization, civic education, youth engagement, Social Work and Education, Community Development, child protection, understanding of equalities and diversity issues;
- Experience of charity/not for profit finances and accounting (for Treasurer role);
- Fundraising (e.g. from individuals, partnerships with business and/or civil society organizations;
- Full board compliment will represent knowledge and experience in advancing the rights of girls and young women, community engagement and development.
- A recognized higher qualification in the respective area(s) of specialty and minimum of 5 years traceable working experience in area of expertise and programing.
- Availability and willingness to fulfil board member duties.
To express interest in joining the GWEN Trust- Board of Trustees, please e-mail your application together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please note that successful applications will be asked to go through a police clearance process.
Deadline: 14 October 2020