Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission
Location: Bulawayo & Harare
The post exists to fulfill the functions of the ZHRC as outlined in section 243 (1) (a-k) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe amendment no. 20 of 2013.
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is a Constitutional body whose mandate is to promote, protect and enforce human rights and administrative justice in Zimbabwe. The Commission seeks to consider suitably qualified candidates for the following ‘Permanent Contract’ positions to be based in Harare and Bulawayo offices.
Key Result Areas
- Promote awareness of and respect for human rights and freedoms;
- Promote of the protection, development and attainment of human rights and freedoms;
- Monitor, assess and ensure observance of human rights and freedoms;
- Protect public against human rights violations and maladministration by State, public institutions the officers thereof;
- Investigate cases of maladministration and human rights violations;
- Prepare reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Competencies & Skills
- Must be a holder of a Basic Degree in one of the following: Law, International Law, Human Rights Law, Development studies or Social Work from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in human rights and development work;
- Knowledgeable and conversant with international human rights treaties, international human rights systems including continental, regional and national human rights protective mechanisms;
- Must have strong report writing skills;
- Presentation skills (power point);
- Proposal writing skills;
- Research skills;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Ability to speak at least two local languages will be a distinct advantage
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Director,
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission;
144 Samora Machel Avenue;
Human Resources Director,
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission,
49 J.M Nkomo (between 3rd and 4th Ave),
E-mail your application together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those meeting the above requirements will be responded to.
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights based approaches to recruitment.
Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 21 April 2020 (COB)
Related Jobs (28)
General Manager – Mining Operation – Mine Based – Senior Executive on December 2, 2020 Full Time
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time