Working location: Bulawayo 5, Bindura 7 and Waterfalls 5
Supervisor: Family-Strengthening Coordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. The Organisation works as a development partner with communities and the local authorities and seeks to address gender issues in these situations. We seek energetic and organized individuals to take up the vacant positions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Officer will be expected to;
- Identify and enrol of programme beneficiaries who meet the criteria;
- Monitor the delivery of project materials and benefits to intended beneficiaries;
- Develop and support community structures to care and protect children;
- Carry out programme activities according to set systems of internal control;
- Document programme processes and activities as per set guidelines;
- Provide holistic support to the families according to set organisational framework;
- Knowledgeable about organic farming and environmental protection;
- Conduct grief handling and life skills development programmes for children;
- Conduct parenting skills programme for adult beneficiaries, conscientise beneficiaries and community on children’s rights issues;
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders, partners and beneficiary families;
- Provide support to community volunteers.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Field Officer must have;
- Social work / Sociology /Community Health/Development Degree;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in implementing community development or OVC Support programmes;
- Commitment to working with children and youth & knowledge in child rights;
- Proven strong communication, documentation and networking skills;
- Experience in psychosocial support, education, sport and income generation projects is an added advantage;
- Project planning and management skills;
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills;
- Experience in running HIV\AIDS related community development projects desirable;
- Holder of clean Class Four Drivers Licence; Fluent in English and at least one local language
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020
Related Jobs (18)
Grants and Compliance Manager – Key Populations Programme on July 2, 2020 Full Time
Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director – Key Populations on July 2, 2020 Full Time
Food Security and Livelihoods Head Of Department on June 30, 2020