Department: Poultry Business Association (PBA)
Location: Harare (1) and Mutare (1)- Only locals must apply
Line managers: IPVC Cluster Coordinator
Sustainable Agriculture Technology (SAT) is a local NGO implementing wildlife conservation and agriculture-based livelihoods projects. A vacancy has arisen for the following post to be based in Harare under a poultry value chain intervention to be implemented lead by Cooperation for the Development of Emerging Countries (COSPE) and SAT as an implementing partner along with WHH, LMAC and CNFA, with support from the European Union (EU) in Zimbabwe.
Reporting to the IPVC Cluster Coordinator:
- The BK may also report direct to the Business Management Unit Advisor (BMUA) particularly for consolidation of various reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- The BK is responsible for the provision of general finance & logistical services to the PBA.
- His/her duties will also include assistance to procurements, documentation, office management and reception control.
- All work will be done in adherence to and in accordance with donor regulations as well as the PBA requirements.
- Supervision of the dispatch and sales teams at the PBA;
- Supporting the dispatch and sales teams to ensure an accurate flow of product as well as maintaining traceable records;
- Develop and maintain a filing system for the PBA records in accordance with the Operational Manual and donor guidelines;
- Provide information necessary for the preparation of monthly, annual and other financial statements and narrative reports as necessary;
- Ensure the full paper trail as required is adhered to; Reception duties in the absence of the Receptionist;
- Reconciliation of petty-cash dispersal and fees charged by the PBA for the service provided to the PBA members and non-members;
- All other logistical issues including office maintenance;
- Carry out any other relevant assignments from senior management;
- Planning all necessary procumbent requests ahead of time with the guidance of the BMU Advisor for the smooth flow of activities at the Business Management Unit (BMU);
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the BMU Advisor and/or the IPVC Cluster Coordinator.
SAT’s Standards of integrity
- Commit to adhere to and respect the Standards of integrity;
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Standards of integrity in his/her work environment;
- Adhere to all SAT policies.
Key decisions made
- Prioritization of own work;
- Submission of reports to meet set deadlines;
- Performance Management plan;
- Leave plan.
- Supervision is received from senior project management
Contacts Networks with
- Business Services Advisor;
- IPVC Cluster Coordinator;
- Extension Officers;
- BMU Advisor;
- Senior Financial Officer;
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Five “O” level passes including English and Mathematics;
- Diploma in Accounting/Finance;
- Knowledge of use of any accounting package is an added advantage;
- Strong record-keeping and communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office essential;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
Salaries to be advised to shortlisted applicants only.
Applications by email with CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any late entries will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted for interviews and those who do not meet the above requirements need not apply.
Deadline: 26 June 2020 (5pm)
Related Jobs (13)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time