Duty Stations: Gokwe North, Gokwe South and Rushinga
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe, is preparing a response program to deliver life-saving, livelihood, WASH and protection assistance to the most vulnerable in Rushinga, Gokwe North and South through providing multi-purpose cash assistance and livelihood and food security support, improving access to safe water, and hygiene and sanitation services, as well as educational sensitization with a focus on COVID- 19. Key is to ensure incorporation of protection principles such as safety and dignity, meaningful access and participation as well as accountability to ensure that activities target the most vulnerable, including women, elderly and people living with disability. The action is planned for 14 months. (Please note that these positions will be filled subject to the approval of funding.)
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage Data Capturers who will provide project data inputting services and
generation of distribution.
The Data Capturers will be responsible for:
- Inputting data received from the field teams onto the project database;
- Maintaining systems for data backup, recovery and verification;
- Recording, filing and retrieval of data files and reports;
- Distribution Register Generation;
- Data cleaning and management of database;
- On a monthly basis, print out distribution registers;
- Filing of signed registers and archiving of the registers;
- Update database as and when new information on beneficiaries come in especially from verification exercises;
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of Welthungerhilfe, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty;
- Other duties that may from time to time be requested by the Logistician or Project Manager and/or their delegate.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Management, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- At least 1 year experience relevant work experience working with custom made databases in an International NGO;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to build surveys onto digital platforms such as Akvo Flow, Kobo or ODK;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation.
To apply for any of the positions above, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 June 2020