Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with locally registered offices around the world.
Driver: The post holder reports to the Finance & Administration Coordinator. S/he is responsible for vehicle maintenance and management, staff and material transportation. The position provides transportation services to Accountability Lab staff, materials and mail in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
- 5 “O” levels including English Language;
- Minimum 5 years driving experience in a busy working environment;
- Valid class 2 drivers’ licence;
- A valid defensive driving certificate from a recognised institution;
- Basic mechanical skills;
- Fluent in English and local languages
- Cleans vehicle and performs routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis;
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously;
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6pm;
- Ensures that after hours travel have prior formal approval by the administration officer;
- To report immediately to the Finance & Administration Coordinator all accidents involving Accountability Lab vehicles;
- Compliance to the motor vehicle policy provisions;
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed;
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time;
- Ensure that all Accountability Lab assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked;
- Timely and accurate completion of vehicle logbooks for submission to the Finance & Administration Coordinator;
- Prepares monthly vehicles maintenance reports for allocated vehicles;
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Accountability Lab and other service providers;
- Performs clerical work in the office when required.
Location: Harare with extensive travel across Zimbabwe.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com before June 28 2020.
Recruitment is on rolling basis qualified and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Deadline: 28 June 2020