Job Title: Family Planning Outreach Counsellor * 2
Location: Manicaland, Matebeleland
Supervisor: Family Planning Outreach Services Coordinator
FHI 360 Mhuri/Imuli project’s goal is to support the Ministry of Health and Child Care to improve maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) and increase uptake of family planning in selected communities of Zimbabwe. The project provides MNCH technical assistance to Manicaland Province. It also offers family planning services through outreach services in all the 10 provinces of Zimbabwe.
The incumbent, who should be an effective team player, will report directly to the Outreach Team Leader to ensure improved access to the underserved and hard to reach population with an improved method mix that includes LARC (long acting reversible contraception. He/she will be responsible for comprehensive quality Family Planning counselling services with appropriate method–mix across including, counselling that enables informed choices, voluntarism and consent. The incumbent will also provide counseling on STIs, and HIV. This position involves extensive travel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides efficient, effective, and responsive family planning counselling services in line with the set policies, protocols.
- Ensures complete and effective records according to National and Program requirements.
- Maintain records and statistics as required, ensuring accurate statistics are supplied within required time frames.
- Acts as a role model for team members within Family Planning Outreach team.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement into all activities.
- Complies with all health and safety procedures to ensure their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace and actively participates in maintaining a safe working environment at outreach.
- Give health education on Family planning services and methods.
- Provides in depth counselling and supports clients in selecting their method of choice.
- Support in solving problems that may arise from the chosen method.
- Refer clients with social, emotional and reproductive health issues that require specialized attention.
- PCC/ counselling certificate .
- Diploma in nursing is an added advantage.
- Training in Family Planning, implant, IUCD insertion and removal is an added advantage
- 1 year experience with FP provision.
Interested candidates can apply with CV and cover letter here FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 March 2020
Related Jobs (6)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy