Department: Poultry Business Association (PBA)
Location: Harare (1) and Mutare (1) – Only locals must apply.
Line managers: Business Management Unit Advisor (BMUA)
Sustainable Agriculture Technology (SAT) is a local NGO implementing wildlife conservation and agriculture-based livelihoods projects. A vacancy has arisen for the following post to be based in Harare under a poultry value chain intervention to be implemented lead by Cooperation for the Development of Emerging Countries (COSPE) and SAT as an implementing partner along with WHH, LMAC and CNFA, with support from the European Union (EU) in Zimbabwe.
Reporting to the IPVC Cluster Coordinator. The general requirement of the role is to ensure a clean and safe working environment at the PBA centre in the respective cluster. All work will be done in adherence to and in accordance with donor regulations as well as the PBA requirements.
- Maintenance of the yard and grounds through cleaning and watering of lawns and flower beds;
- To clean designated areas of the centre to the highest possible standards Mopping and buffing hard floor surfaces in the abattoir and the milling place;
- Operating the feed mill and assisting farmers with feed mixing with the guidance of the BMU Advisor;
- Wiping, polishing, dusting of designated areas;
- Spot cleaning of spillages;
- Emptying and cleaning bins;
- Cleaning of toilets and toilet areas, and replenishment of paper towels, toilet rolls and other disposables;
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created;
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation;
- Cleaning of vehicles used by the PBA;
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager
SAT’s Standards of integrity
- Commit to adhere to and respect the Standards of integrity;
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Standards of integrity in his/her work environment;
- Adhere to all SAT policies.
Key decisions made
- Prioritization of own work;
- Ensuring cleanliness of the working environment.
Supervision is received from the BMU Advisor and the PBA committee Contacts Networks with:
- BMU Advisor;
- Abattoir supervisor
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Five “O” level passes including English;
- Traceable experience of similar work is an added advantage
Salaries to be advised to shortlisted applicants only.
Applications by email with CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any late entries will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted for interviews and those who do not meet the above requirements need not apply.
Deadline: 26 June 2020 (5pm)