Supervisor: KG Principal
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. We seek energetic and organized individual to relief in any area of work in the Kindergarten
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Group Room Assistant will be expected to:
- Assist in the implementation of the Kindergarten Educator’s Educational plans and preparations;
- Assist in the baby, toddler and KG extra programmes;
- Assist in the supervision of learners both indoors and outdoors;
- Assist in the posting of learners’ work and distribution of letters and notices;
- Report all signs of ill health among the toddlers to the educator;
- Assist in observing and recording of learners’ developmental progress;
- Assist in the recording of all inventories.
Qualifications & Competencies
The Group Room Assistant must have:
- Diploma in Education Specialising in Early Childhood Education;
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education;
- Prospective candidate must have at least 3 years post qualification experience;
- Computer literate; counselling skills;
- Current First Aid skills;
- Certificate in Child Safeguarding, Protection and Care.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 23 March 2020