Location: Masvingo and Manicaland
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
Reporting to the Nutrition Project Manager, the Nutrition Intern will assist the Nutrition Officer in the respective districts in facilitation of community mobilisation and active case finding of malnutrition through the family MUAC approach, supporting the Out-Patient Therapeutic (OTP) centres and Stabilisation Centres (SCs), facilitating community Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergency (IYCF-E) working in collaboration and coordination with Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC).
Summary of key duties
- Assist in developing annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly work plans to enable smooth roll out of the project in the district.
- Attend food distributions and share nutrition message as well as give awareness on the family MUAC approach.
- Provide nutrition counselling at the nutrition desk during food distributions.
- Support MoHCC to mobilise the communities through community leadership and stakeholder engagement at field level and share progress updates.
- Support and assist active case finding of malnutrition using the Family MUAC approach.
- Support and assist in facilitating Training of Trainers (TOTs) to build the capacity of MoHCC field staff on Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM).
- Assist in providing support, supervision and backstopping to the field level implementing team at health facility and community level to ensure provision of quality IMAM and Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling services.
- Assist in ensuring provision of transport for all materials required for IMAM in hard to reach areas are delivered timely based on agreed schedules with MoHCC.
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system activities e.g. data collection, cleaning and conducting learning reviews at district and ward level.
- Commit to adhere to and respect the Code of conduct and Safeguarding policies.
- BSc in Nutrition or BSc in Food Science and Nutrition.
- Evidence of maturity and interest in working in rural community in an emergency programme.
- Some knowledge of IMAM, IYCF-E and Family MUAC approach.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities especially of gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sphere and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially Microsoft products
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 5 May 2020
Related Jobs (5)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer