Duty Station 1: Sanyati
Duty Station 2: Chegutu
The Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MoWACSMED) recognizes Gender Based Violence (GBV) as a protection priority, but one with extremely limited resources for comprehensiveness as most communities lack access to basic gender based violence response services such as health care, psycho-social support and legal aid. In this respect, The Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development with support from UNFPA shall be undertaking Mobile One Stop Centre campaigns in Sanyati and Chegutu Districts in Mashonaland West Province. This is with the aim of ensuring access to comprehensive GBV prevention and response services to the community especially during the Covid-19 lockdown period where access to services has been difficult due to restrictions in movement.
The Para-Legal Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Providing clients with information regarding her/his legal rights in relation to Gender Based Violence issues,
- Provide the clients with all necessary information on the opportunities for protection and justice and assist them in referrals according to consent of the clients
- Assisting survivors in the drafting of court papers (Protection Orders etc)
- Establish positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives
- To consider the guiding principle and keep all the records confidential
- Perform any programme related tasks assigned by supervisors
- In executing all this there is need to ensure the protection of the Survivor/s from further harm (Do no harm principle).
To qualify, candidates should possess the following:
- Degree in Law/ equivalent
- Experience in handling GBV cases
- Technical background in GBV programming
- Good written and interpersonal communications skills with diverse audiences
- Attention to detail as well as an ability to take a big-picture perspective
- Ability to write clearly and concisely especially report writing
- Fluency in English and Shona / Ndebele
TO APPLY, SEND application TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Application for Gender-Based Violence Para-Legal Officer Position” in the subject line, and attach the following:
- Cover letter specifically referencing qualifications enumerated above
- A list of three contactable references
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Closing date – 10 July 2020
Related Jobs (2)
Observation and Monitoring Constitutional Court Interviews on September 8, 2020 Consultancy