AHF is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe, partnering with the Ministry of Health and Child Care as well as local Authorities to create Centers of Excellence in HIV management in health facilities. AHF is looking for 2 highly qualified Dispensary Assistants to fill in the positions that have arisen at the Parirenyatwa Satellite Clinic and Sakubva Clinic.
The Dispensary Assistant will be assigned to work at the health facility under the guidance and technical supervision of the Sister-in-Charge and the Pharmacist based at the facility as well as remote support from AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
Job Description & Main Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the Dispensary Assistant are to provide correct medication including Anti- Retrovirals (ART) to clients at the facility. S/he will assist in the provision of quality care, treatment, monitoring and enhanced adherence of clients to treatments provided as per protocol. Other duties may be assigned include:
- Prompt collection and dispatch of client scripts;
- Correct input of patient/prescription into the system;
- Check expiry dates before dispensing. Practice FEFO principle;
- Correct and accurate assembling and labelling of prescription;
- Check expiry dates of stocks every month;
- Flag stock with less than 3 months’ expiry and facilitate quick movement of said stock;
- Prompt and complete processing of dispensary requirements from stores at agreed reorder levels;
- Prompt response to queries and enquiries;
- Complete and temperature and humidity data logs daily;
- Alert Facility in Charges, and AHF Pharmacy Manager of new dispensary needs immediately;
- Perform all duties according to the regulation and requirements of MCAZ and MoHCC.
- A relevant qualification in dispensing practice;
- At least one years’ experience dispensary experience;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers;
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions;
- Ability to communicate well with patients in a healthcare centre setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line either Pari PCC or Sakubva Clinic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 September 2020