Contract duration: 2.5 Months
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks the services of a suitably qualified and experienced Consultant to come up with a bill of quantities (BOQ) and technical recommendations needed for the rehabilitation of partially functional and non-functional boreholes in Nyanga and Beitbridge districts.
- The consultant will be expected to visit the boreholes and come up with an itemized bill of quantities of what needs to be procured in order to rehabilitate the boreholes working with a team from DDF.
- The consultant will be furnished with sites for borehole installation and a list of non-functional and partially functional boreholes which need to be rehabilitated in the respective districts.
- The consultant will also be expected to develop designs for solar powered systems on high yielding boreholes and give technical specifications of what needs to be procured and how everything will be mounted/fitted together for the borehole to be fully functional.
- The Consultant shall report to the Progress Team Leader.
- However, the Consultant shall also work with IRC field staff stationed in respective districts and DDF staff for day to day assistance and site-based background information needs.
Purpose of the Assignment
The overall purpose of the assignment is to come up with Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and technical recommendations needed for selected boreholes to be rehabilitated under ZRBF funding. This will include among other structures/activities:
- Hydrological Surveys;
- Borehole capacity testing-water yield test;
- Borehole flushing and rehabilitation;
- Undertake conceptual design and final designs (after technical review) and specification of solar water conveyance system (suitable solar panel selection and array layout, pv array mounting and foundation requirements, cable sizing, water flow rates and delivery point pressure, pipeline sizing, submersible pump selection and associated power requirements including – design flow rate and total dynamic head) and summary description of the system in use;
- Fencing and protection of rehabilitated water sources.
- At least a Degree /Diploma in Civil, Water or Electrical engineering and related structural design qualifications with minimum 5 years in design and implementation of solar water pumping systems;
- Proven experience in hydrological surveys;
- Proven experience in borehole solar water conveyance system, plumbing, fencing etc.;
- Ability to present structural diagrams of selected sites and raise BOQs,
- Evidence of past similar work.
- Dependable and able to act professionally;
- Able to meet targets related to agreed timelines;
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- A Technical Proposal with detailed response to the TOR with specific focus addressing the scope of works and the methodology to be used;
- Workplan based on the methodology outlined and indication of availability;
- A Financial Proposal with details to cover the entire work; Curriculum Vitae;
- A minimum of three (3) traceable, recent and relevant references to this task.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting CVs and cover letter stating the position in the email subject line to Zimbabwe@Rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline: 22 June 2020