Duration: 12 Months
Nutrition Action Zimbabwe a local based NGO in partnership with Action Contre-la Faim is seeking to recruit for the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program in Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Mutare Rural
Please note that this recruitment is in anticipation of expected funds
Provides administrative and finance support and is responsible for performing, completing and/or overseeing specialized administrative and financial management support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner
Manage the financial operations of the base
- Carry out all the payments for both cash and operational Bank accounts.
- Daily record all the Cash & bank account expenses in excel sheet according to NAZ standards of Chart of accounts, project code, Contract, and financial line and the third-party codes
- Ensure uniformity between the physical cash and bank statements as well as the accounting system cash & bank book on a daily/ monthly basis
- Prepare cash count & bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month
- Ensure bank statements & cash books are closed, reconciled & sent to the capital office on a monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts
- Ensure that all the administrative documents are copied before sending the originals to the Capitol office
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the NAZ’s procedures (invoice accurate and signed)
- Verify the accuracy of and pay invoices for purchases
- Process the monthly statutory payments and tax as required
Compliance with the purchase procedure
- Ensure that any purchase respect NAZ procurement procedure
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure
Budget maintenance, Cash Forecast and Cash Flow
- Assist Finance Manager in a BFU meeting, Prepare the Bi-weekly cash transfer request for the Finance Manager;
- Ensure that the cash box/bank and the safe maintain the minimum security amount.
- Contribute to the elaboration of budget/reports / financial analysis when required or requested by the Finance Manager
Follow-up Base Filling
- Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in the finance department;
- Verify & cross-check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per NAZ Archiving guidelines;
- Archive financial files as per NAZ archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send original to the capital on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that all staff submits the timesheets on a monthly basis before the 5th of every month;
- Track and share leave with the Harare office.
Manage accommodation for staff travelling to Bases, and ensure supplies in the office at all times
- Provide timely requests for supplies required on a monthly basis;
- Follow up with HR/Admin Officer to ensure timely receipt of supplies and make such an arrangement that the supplies are available at all times.
- Arrange accommodation and hotels based upon approved travel requests.
- Make payment voucher or processing of hotel payments
Supervise and manage staff under your responsibility
- Provide day-to-day management of staff directly under his/her responsibility cleaners, gardener, security.
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance in accordance with NAZ performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building;
- Ensure that all Financial policies and procedures are followed for Finance staff directly under his/her responsibility
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance, or related field;
- Or similar higher degree a plus
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Champion of NAZ Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
- Previous NGO experience;
- Experience with donor-funded programs;
- Experience supervising others
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the subject line can be sent out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27 March 2020 (COD)