Working location: Bulawayo 1, Bindura 1 and Waterfalls 1
Supervisor: National Family Strengthening Co-ordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Family Strengthening Coordinator will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate the identification and enrolment of programme participants by community field officers, CBOs and other community structures. (Admission committee);
- Conduct spot check visits as stipulated in the Program Frame Work;
- Provide support in FDP implementation and consistently monitor families’ progression;
- Draft MOUs with partners for sustainable OVCs support;
- Monitor programme implementation as per monitoring plan aligned to the results framework;
- Support communities to identify opportunities and mobilize local resources to support the needs of children, households and communities at large;
- Lead communities in the development of emergency preparedness plans against potential disasters;
- Co-ordinate the implementation of Education, health, legal, psychosocial support and livelihoods intervention as per monitoring plan of the framework;
- Facilitate mainstreaming of gender, child safeguarding and child participation in all the programs;
- Track the effects of micro-finance loans on IGAs and growth of VSLAs for families’ self-reliance;
- Collaborate with community development structures, other NGOs and government departments for effective service delivery to programme participants;
- Represent the FSP in community OVC related forums; Work with schools and other partners in the provision of quality education to selected schools;
- Facilitate training of community field officers/volunteers in participatory monitoring and evaluation of the programme interventions;
- Track budget utilization versus activities planned per every quarter;
- Facilitate quarterly programme reviews with all the stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate sharing of best practice/stories of change with key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Family Strengthening Coordinator must have:
- Degree in community development, social and natural sciences/disciplines such as social work, sociology, development studies, economics, agriculture, community nursing, rural development;
- Masters in Development Studies, Business Administration, Strategic Management and Leadership Management is a definite advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing community development work or OVC support;
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development and working with community partners;
- Good communication and reporting skills, computer literacy;
- Understanding of SABCD (Sustainable Asset Based Community Development) and ability to apply SABCD approach and other community development participatory methodologies;
- A clean class 4 driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020