Duty Stations: Gokwe North, Gokwe South and Rushinga
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe, is preparing a response program to deliver life-saving, livelihood, WASH and protection assistance to the most vulnerable in Rushinga, Gokwe North and South through providing multi-purpose cash assistance and livelihood and food security support, improving access to safe water, and hygiene and sanitation services, as well as educational sensitization with a focus on COVID- 19. Key is to ensure incorporation of protection principles such as safety and dignity, meaningful access and participation as well as accountability to ensure that activities target the most vulnerable, including women, elderly and people living with disability. The action is planned for 14 months. (Please note that these positions will be filled subject to the approval of funding.)
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage Field Officers who will support the coordination of field related activities of the Humanitarian program, cooperate with relevant stakeholders to develop and implement the programs and projects and further develop the concept of Welthungerhilfe’s intervention in the country.
The Field Officer will be expected to:
- Monitor the area’s operational activities and provide feed-back to the Management;
- Follow-up on the project/program area monitoring system in close cooperation with the monitoring team;
- Regularly supervise the execution of field related activities and results, provide feed-back to the Management regarding progress;
- Design, implement and document meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other events related to the program’s/project’s field of activities;
- Keep management informed about topics and developments related to the project’s/program’s activities (e.g. through evaluation of the press, direct dialog, forum participation, public hearings, seminars);
- Develop and organize quality assurance;
- Participate in identifying needs for external support and advice;
- Coordinate the planning of project/program activities within the defined area;
- Formulate project action plans and synchronize between the planning and budgeting system;
- Prepare inputs to project/program reports and publications for all required reports;
- Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders;
- Cooperate with government institutions, non-government organizations, and the local community;
- Represent the project/program;
- Report all security relevant issues and information to the Security Officers and Management.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Agriculture/Food Security/ Development Studies/ social sciences/ or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a professional;
- Minimum of 1 year experience working for an International Non-Governmental Organization;
- Understanding of the interface between donor and government including good community and stakeholder engagement skills and experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems.
To apply for any of the positions above, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 June 2020
Related Jobs (44)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract