Duty Station: Gokwe North District
ADRA is implementing various projects through-out the country and seeks to recruit for the above position.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Zimbabwe is a local humanitarian NGO of the Seventh-day Adventist Church working in Zimbabwe for over 40 years. It is part of the network within over 130 countries in the world. ADRA Zimbabwe believes that: through its humanitarian acts, we make known the just, merciful, and loving character of God; Non-discrimination and respect for differences, accepting people as equals, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, political and religious affiliation enrich the communities in which we work and are assets to be respected and affirmed.
Gokwe North Food Security and Agricultural Response 2 (Go-FAR 2)project proposes to address the food insecurity and WASH needs in Gokwe North through Agriculture/Food Security; Economic Recovery and Market Systems; and Water Sanitation & Health activities that are focused on securing a safe water supply for target communities and hygiene promotion/training for affected communities.
The positions provide oversight for program planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. S/he identifies performance indicators, develops quality assurance strategies, trains program employees, maintains contact with program partners and ensures all program aspects comply with institutional requirements of:
- Planning, developing monitoring and learning systems to ensure program adheres to relevant regulations, standards and organizational policies;
- Cultivate and Maintain positive contact between ADRA Zimbabwe and program partners, funders and other stakeholders;
- Develop effective communication framework to enable all parties to share and access all knowledge and information;
- Collaborate with management team to set program milestones;
- Key Performance Indicators and monitoring the indicators to inform the program and organisational strategy;
- Lead on planning and / or conducting field data collection and monitoring exercises including supporting the staff in mobile data collection; using Kobo Collect to collect and analyze data;
- Improve data systems – collection, storage, use – to increase effectiveness and scalability of MEAL systems;
- Conduct regular inspections to detect areas that violate the guidelines and initiates corrective measures;
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms to ADRA from GOFAR II project beneficiaries/stakeholders;
- Build an organizational knowledge base (Knowledge Management) through research and partnerships.
Competencies and Experiences
- University degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in social science, Economics; Statistics; Monitoring & Evaluation, Operations Research); Certificate/ Diploma in Project Planning, Management, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- 3 years of professional experience in the field of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, in NGO/Development sector.
- Experience working on USAID OFDA or WFP funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instruments/ tools;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft packages and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA, NVivo and Kobo Collect);
- Assist project manager in organizing M&E reports related to the project activities to be submitted to donors;
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing;
- Experience with OFDA and /or WFP tracking of indicators.
Candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a detailed CV (including Skype address) that includes the names and email addresses of 3 traceable references.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for, e.g. “WASH PROJECT ENGINEER” in the email Subject line. Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ADRA Zimbabwe is a Child friendly organisation, and it will be assumed that all applicants consent to relevant checks to determine suitability working in such environments
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Justice • Compassion • Love
Deadline: 25 June 2020 (5pm)
Related Jobs (27)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 25, 2020 Full Time
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time