Locations: Buhera, Chipinge, Mutare
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
In response to the emergency of COVID 19 in Zimbabwe and in line with GOAL’s expertise, GOAL will implement COVID-19 preparedness and response activities in Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) targeting all residents of Mutare, Chipinge and Buhera. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Mobilization Officers will be responsible for working at community level to create awareness and facilitate actions to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure that individuals and community leaders have the required information and inputs needed to protect themselves and their communities. The Mobilization Officers will also use a Community Led Action (CLA) approach to empower communities to do their own analysis and take their own action to protect the community from COVID 19. S/he will work closely with volunteer Community Mobilizers in each district to implement Community Led Action.
Summary of Key Duties
- S/he will be responsible for organising and leading in WASH project training activities (PHHE, VPM, CBM and Builders’ trainings), manage and oversee all aspects of the CLA programme at the district-level.
- Represent GOAL in the district response meetings for COVID 19.
- Engage district leadership and key stakeholders to secure permission for the programme to be implemented.
- Prepare and distribute security passes or clearance approval to volunteers working in different districts during lockdown.
- Screen and identify individuals who are appropriate to be a volunteer Community Mobilizer working with local authorities and health officials during the process.
- Train volunteer Community Mobilizers on the CLA approach so Community Mobilizers can work with communities to mitigate against the risk of COVID 19 transmission in their communities.
- Directly mobilize communities to mitigate against the risk of COVID 19 transmission in their communities;
- Monitor the progress of Community Mobilizers through regular site and support visits and phone calls.
- Conduct review meeting with Community Mobilizers every month.
- Work with M&E team to regularly review M&E data.
- Trouble-shoot issues that arise with Community Mobilizers help problem-solve, and update skills, as necessary.
- Build relationships across the district to ensure community data and feedback is shared to problem-solve/improve services.
- Ensure timely reporting to Project Manager as requested
- A Minimum of a Degree in Public Health, Environmental/Health Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in field work with a wide variety of populations working for an NGO. Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability and willingness to conduct field work 75% of the time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working with volunteers preferred
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 19 May 2020
Related Jobs (35)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy