Duty Stations: Gokwe North, Gokwe South and Rushinga
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe, is preparing a response program to deliver life-saving, livelihood, WASH and protection assistance to the most vulnerable in Rushinga, Gokwe North and South through providing multi-purpose cash assistance and livelihood and food security support, improving access to safe water, and hygiene and sanitation services, as well as educational sensitization with a focus on COVID- 19. Key is to ensure incorporation of protection principles such as safety and dignity, meaningful access and participation as well as accountability to ensure that activities target the most vulnerable, including women, elderly and people living with disability. The action is planned for 14 months. (Please note that these positions will be filled subject to the approval of funding.)
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer who will be responsible for the day to day monitoring of project progress, ensuring that set standards are adhered to. The Officer will also be responsible for the administration of surveys in a timely and accurate manner ensuring that survey results feed into the Welthungerhilfe planning systems. The officer will also support on-site distribution monitoring and accountability.
The MEAL Officer will be expected to:
- Lead the beneficiary registration and verification exercises; Coordinate the administering of surveys as required by Welthungerhilfe ensuring accurate information is gathered and submitted;
- Ensure Core Humanitarian Standards and principles are adhered to;
- Ensure information posters are in view for all stakeholders;
- Assist during food distribution especially attending to beneficiary complaints and feedback through the Help Desk and together with selected community members and stakeholders;
- In consultation with the Head of Project, consolidate complaints and feedback for action and response and share complaints resolution status with Welthungerhilfe’s Accountability Coordinator;
- Collaborate with the Food Monitors in ensuring that the project commodity tracking system complies with the agreed standards ;
- Represent Welthungerhilfe at project meetings and workshops on project monitoring and reviews;
- Preparation of reports in line with agreed procedures, requirements and dates agreed on by Welthungerhilfe;
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the Head of Project and Welthungerhilfe MEAL Coordinator
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- 5 years relevant work experience in data management, preferably an International NGO;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with beneficiary communities, Government and other stakeholders at the district level;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Experience working in consortia with grant funding highly desirable.
To apply for any of the positions above, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to email@example.com stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 June 2020
Related Jobs (4)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (Harare) on November 23, 2020 Full Time
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Officer on October 13, 2020 Full Time