Locations: Masvingo, Buhera, Chipinge, Mutare
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
The Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for:
- Administering and supporting the Finance and Human Resources aspects of the programme area.
- He/she will provide adequate finance and human resources functions to the programme, adhering to the finance, HR and all other related GOAL policies and procedures.
Summary of key duties
- Maintain complete and accurate cashbook/s and account records for cash, Fuel vouchers, OK card & Smart cards and ensure payments are allocated to the correct project and budget line.
- Ensure all the necessary documentation is compiled, checked and attached to payment vouchers for submission to Head Office.
- Ensure that all utilities bills such as telephone, water, electricity etc are paid on time.
- Ensure that donor guidelines are followed with all transactions affecting the programme area.
- Ensure that additional cash is requested for float as necessary and that an adequate level of cash is held in the safe at all times.
- Facilitate a cash count for petty/cash on a weekly and each month basis.
- Ensure signed copy is filed at field level.
- Ensure GOAL Zimbabwe financial procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain a cash control sheet for all payments and receipts from the petty cash.
- Submit complete and accurate cash book and supporting documents to Harare finance section on monthly basis.
- Ensure all float accounts are cleared before closing the monthly cash book.
- Collecting ecocash original attendance registers from field officers and submit them to Harare Finance.
- Capturing of Ecocash details on the Ecocash payment sheet and verifying of the account numbers before submission to Harare Office.
- Act as the main focal point on all field related HR deliverables as identified by the HR Manager.
- Support in ensuring all HR related documentation to and from Country Office HR is forwarded to and received by relevant personnel or stakeholders on time.
- Coordinate field level leave administration facilitating leave plans and ensuring accrued leave is taken according to plan.
- Collate identified field level staff welfare and HR issues and shared them with the Country Office HR.
- Support Country Office HR on facilitating field level recruitment requests and field-based recruitment as identified in the project or district.
- Submit periodic reports on all matters related to HR.
- Ensure time sheets are completed and submitted on time to Country Office HR each month.
- Participate and/or plan for performance appraisals ensuring the same for your line staff.
- Diploma in Accounting, Administration or equivalent, Bachelors’ degree desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in development programming in the field of finance, or administration.
- Knowledge of basic Human Resources practices.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations such as IRISH AID, UNHCR, DFID, UNICEF, WFP, ECHO etc.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Computer Packages
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for and the preferred location on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 28 June 2020