Location: Masvingo, Buhera, Chipinge, Mutare
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
The Logistics and Procurement Assistant will be responsible for:
- Administering and supporting the Country Office Logistics and Procurement aspects of the programme area.
- He/she will provide adequate Procurement and Logistics functions to the programme, adhering to the procurement, logistics and all other related GOAL policies and procedures.
Summary of key duties
- Custodian of all assets for the project and/or district. Ensuring safe keep of field-based assets and facilitating repair and maintenance as and when need arises.
- Recording field-based assets movement and transfers and sending malfunctioning assets for repair.
- Giving regular monthly reports on the status of assets on the station.
- Request for provision of additional assets when need arises.
- Ensure proper asset handling by users and making sure that all the Officers have all assets required to spearhead their duties and responsibilities.
- Reviewing the stock database & sending it to the Logistics Supervisor on a periodic basis.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are handled according to the Fleet Management manual – mileage recording and observation of parking time limits as well as vehicle cleaning.
- Compiling and sending fleet reports on a monthly basis.
- Facilitating refuelling and repair of vehicles and generators as and when need arises.
- Assist in the procurement process of all goods and services following up with the Harare Procurement Team.
- Make enquiries with local suppliers for any arising requirements.
- Receive quotes and send them to Harare Office for processing.
- Supervision of contractors for works in and other services guided by relevant technical people.
- Updating of the procurement Order Tracking Sheet where applicable.
- Raising of Payment requisitions forms for localised procurements and services in coordination with the programs and Harare procurement team.
- Acting as the procurement department interface to the programs and local vendors
- Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, Administration or equivalent. Bachelors’ degree in a related field is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in development programming in the field of logistics, supply chain or administration.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations such as IRISH AID, UNHCR, DFID, UNICEF, WFP etc.
- Valid and Clean Class 4 Drivers’ License with at least 2 years driving experience.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Computer Packages.
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for and the preferred location on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 28 June 2020