Report to: Disability Social Worker
Locations: Mudzi/Mtoko (1), Mbire (1), Gokwe North (1), Lupane (1)
The JF Kapnek Trust is recruiting 4 Social Work Interns to be based in Mudzi/Mtoko (1), Mbire (1), Gokwe North (1), Lupane (1). The Interns will be supervised and mentored by qualified and experienced Social Workers who are part of a vibrant Child Protection team. Kapnek prides itself in providing mentorship opportunities for upcoming Social Workers in a broad range of fields including Disability and Case management, Parenting, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Community Development and Education among others.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to a Social Worker, the CPIE Graduate Intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting with implementation of Emergency response activities targeting children with disabilities and their circles of care through active surveillance of risks and linkages with the National Case Management System.
- The incumbent under the supervision of a Qualified Social Worker will be responsible for sustaining meaningful linkages with key government departments to facilitate disability sensitive emergency services including child protection, health, education and social protection.
- This will include assisting in case management processes including conducting needs assessments, developing quality case plans, compiling case plan summaries and service checklist for all clients, tracking the implementation of the case plan and updating the case plans for children with disabilities according to the NCMS guidelines.
- Assist with the training of District Child Protection Committees on disability inclusion in humanitarian action.
- Assist in training community childcare workers on Early Warning System (EWS) hazard surveillance analysis and response.
- Identification of individuals with disabilities, monitoring their situation and setting response priorities.
- Assist in coordinating disability mobile clinics with relevant government departments.
- Assist in training and capacity building of community cadres on preventing and responding to violence against children and women with disabilities.
- Actively linking adolescents’ girls and women with disabilities with SGBV services.
- Assisting with the support of broader organizational activities in child protection, disability and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Documentation of beneficiary information and record keeping as guided by the NCMS.
Administration and documentation
- Assist with case intake, assessments, care plans, reviews and documentation according to organizational requirements Routine project documentation including narrative and statistical reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work;
- Registered with the Council for Social Workers in Zimbabwe Previous exposure to CPIE an added advantage;
- Should be able be highly productive with minimal supervision;
- Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel);
- Resilient and adaptable to work in remote areas;
- Should be a team player;
- Should have good communication skills;
- Should be flexible to work weekends and after hours and to be on call in emergencies
Functional skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work;
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results;
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
Cover letter and up-to-date detailed CV with at least 3 contactable professional references should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered as they are received.
JF Kapnek Trust is an equal opportunity employer and committed to upholding the rights of children.
The successful candidates will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy.
People living with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Trust does not charge any fees during its recruitment process.
Deadline: 12 March 2020
Related Jobs (15)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (Harare) on November 23, 2020 Full Time