Location: 2 x Gokwe, 2 x Kadoma, 2 x Masvingo
Are you interested in doing work on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)? Do you have hands on experience working in the NGO sector on human rights and Gender Based Violence?
ARC (Adult Rape Clinic) is a Non-Governmental Registered Organization working to deliver medicolegal and counselling services to survivors of sexual violence, as well as promote awareness on prevention of sexual violence.
We are looking for an experienced Nurse-Counsellor based in Gokwe, Zimbabwe. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Nurse-Counsellor is responsible for the successful and efficient execution of clinic duties involving service provision and support to survivors of SGBV. The position also works closely with the Financial Administrator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of psycho-social support to survivors and their support systems;
- Clinical Management of SGBV, including: Rapid HIV and pregnancy testing;
- Administration of PEP, ECP and STI Prophylaxis/treatment;
- Record-keeping of drugs and test kits;
- Medical examination and collection of forensic specimens;
- Ensuring proper storage and chain of custody for the specimens;
- Providing follow-up care and reminders to survivors of their impending appointments.
- Ensuring that affidavits are commissioned;
- Attending staff, departmental and other meetings;
- Collection of data for health information and research purposes;
- Consolidation of monthly statistics;
- Disbursing survivor transport reimbursements
- Provide support in outreach and information awareness activities
- Diploma in General Nursing;
- Qualification in Counselling;
- Diploma in Midwifery can be an added advantage;
- Qualification in Rapid HIV Testing;
- Training in SGBV management, care and support (5-day theoretical training with two weeks of practical training at a recognised SGBV Clinic).
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience, including experience in nursing and counselling;
- Knowledge of sexual violence and gender issues and relevant international human rights standards;
- Experience in community mobilisation and facilitating meetings
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to respect survivor confidentiality
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Ability to communicate in local languages
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Word,
- Microsoft Excel,
- Microsoft Publisher,
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- This is a contract position whose extension is dependent on the availability of funding.
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualification and experience should be submitted to:
Adult Rape Clinic,
or email to email@example.com
Please indicate preferred location.
Only those meeting the above requirements will be responded to.
The Adult Rape Clinic employment policy is based on gender and human right approaches, therefore offers opportunities to all.