Duty Station: Mutare, Harare, Bulawayo, Beitbridge, Masvingo, Gweru
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research Zimbabwe (CeSHHAR Zimbabwe) is registered with the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare as a private voluntary organisation (PVO). CeSHHAR houses several HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects.
Under the overall supervision of the Research Director, and direct supervision of the Clinic Manager, the Research Nurse will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Performing Rapid HIV testing following the National HIV Testing Algorithm and providing pre and post-test counselling and necessary referrals and follow up;
- Conducting RITA tests. RITA is a generic name for a combination of laboratory tests that can distinguish between recent and established HIV infection, that is, HIV-infected individuals can be classified as recent or not recent.
- Assay(s) are performed on specimens from individuals who have been classified as HIV positive by conventional serology;
- Ability to understand the importance of, and therefore ensuring the shipping and storage of blood samples to the laboratory in line with stipulated Standard Operating Procedures for storage and shipping of DBS and Plasma blood samples;
- Performing routine physical examinations on all clients, i.e. temp, B/P, pulse and routine STI screening on all women;
- Providing treatment and care for STIs and other reproductive health concerns according to the Zimbabwe National Guidelines;
- Ordering, Prescribing and dispensing of drugs and clinic sundries at the clinic level;
- Updating and maintaining proper records and requisite documentation of all clinical and laboratory procedures on all programme clients;
- Compiling of weekly, monthly and quarterly statistics and clinic reports as guided by standard operating procedures; Scheduling of mobile clinic visits as needed;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Research Director.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours when required.
- Certificate / diploma in counselling;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint.
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organisations in HIV/AIDS related programmes.
- Diploma /degree in General Nursing.
- Post basic training is an added advantage;
- Certificate in Rapid HIV testing;
- Forensic certificate;
- Experience with key populations.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 June 2020 (4:30pm)
Related Jobs (10)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time