Duty Station: Harare, Mutare and Bindura
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research Zimbabwe (CeSHHAR Zimbabwe) is registered with the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare as a private voluntary organisation (PVO). CeSHHAR houses several HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects.
The research outreach worker will be responsible for following up FSWs who appear to be lost to follow up as well as engaging with other outreach staff including peer educators, outreach workers, junior outreach workers and nursing staff to establish where the FSWs might be located. Specific duties include:
- Working closely with the program outreach team to conduct a tracing intervention by following up on FSWs not linked to care;
- Strategize on the best methods for reaching the FSWs;
- Following up the FSWs through home visits;
- Conduct short interviews with reached FSWs;
- Transcribing interviews/ discussions with FSWs;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours when required;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organisations in HIV/AIDS related programmes.
- A degree in social sciences;
- Counselling diploma and experience in HIV/AIDS counselling an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience and interest in community outreach work, ability to do community mobilization, create rapport with personnel from collaborating or associate institutions and work independently but within a team framework;
- Current and valid certificate in GCP and Ethics an advantage.
- A current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics;
- Experience working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) an added advantage;
- Skills in financial literacy, violence prevention and child protection highly desirable
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 June 2020 (4:30pm)
Related Jobs (28)
General Manager – Mining Operation – Mine Based – Senior Executive on December 2, 2020 Full Time
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time