Job Advert: Project Assistant x 6 – Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods (2xBeitbridge, 2xMatobo, 2xMbire)
The Project Assistant will be instrumental in setting up the cash transfer platform and livelihoods activities, working alongside the District Team Leader, as well SCI operations and programming colleagues. He/she will support the project Team Leader with the day to day field operations, with each project assistant being dedicated to allocated wards. Within the specific wards, he/she will be responsible for verification and registration of beneficiaries, followed by training on the cash distribution process. In coordination with Econet Brand Ambassadors he/she will conduct trainings on the Ecocash platform. The PA will ensure plans and registers are in place for the distribution of cash transfers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Social Sciences and other related fields.
- Experience of implementing cash based programming
- Ability to use KOBO
- Experience in working with communities
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Knowledge of a local language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to forge excellent relationships with communities
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staffs
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 31 July 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.