Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Locations: Mutare, Harare
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for ensuring that water, sanitation, and hygiene project and awareness are implemented effectively, professionally, and in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population. S/he will also contribute to health improvement though improved access to sustainable WASH services to host communities
Summary of key duties
- Provide support in water, sanitation and hygiene promotion programming, in broad coordination with other sectors.
- Support the evaluation of the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context.
- Work with gender and safeguarding focal points on mainstreaming gender, protection, and safeguarding in project and program activities.
- Contributing to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response were required.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal and donor reports.
- Support the collaboration and coordination of WASH issues at district level together with the government, local authorities, donors and other implementing agencies.
- Assist the Project Manager with financial accountability for float requests, acquittals of floats and contribute to compilation of procurement plans.
- A Minimum of a Degree in WASH Engineering, Public Health, Environmental/Health Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant discipline.
- A post-graduation qualification in water engineering desirable.
- Strong appreciation of WASH Hardware and Software components in project implementation.
- At least 3 years’ experience in WASH emergency programmes working for an NGO in less privileged communities.
- Knowledge of urban WASH project monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Willing to work in remote locations.
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 5 May 2020
Related Jobs (23)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time