Designation: Account Relationship Officer (CIB)
Business Unit: Wholesale Banking Geographical
Department: Corporate and Investment Banking
Vacancy Manager: Account Relationship Manager
Purpose of the job
Responsible for all service issues and ensuring customer satisfaction, maximizing sales, service and profit
performance in Corporate Banking. Supports the Relationship Manager in Corporate in the development of
Corporate Banking business strategy and customer risk mitigation strategies.
Main Focus Areas
- Attend to all service requirements for walk in customers.
- Act as principal point contact in Corporate Relationship Manager’s absence
- Call customers to get instructions for new and matured bills.
- Identify and meet customer needs through the provision of banking solutions.
- Maintain and update accurate client information
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the markets, banking products and services in order to match our offering with client needs.
- Act in accordance with all regulatory, compliance and KYC policies (both internal and external) and communicate to clients as appropriate.
- Preparation of call reports within 24 hours of a visit.
- Ensure that all customer correspondence is filed correctly within 72 hours of receipt.
- Extract articles from various publications which relate to the managed portfolio and file them in the respective files.
- Deal with all customer queries and complaints if able and within responsibility and/or record details and refer to the Account Manager responsible.
- Management and coordination of the acquisition and retention process of customers through ensuring good levels of customer service at all times.
- Receive research and respond to customer enquiries, problems and complaints timorously.
- Overall, achieve and maintain a high level of Customer Service at all times.
- Monitor and report deteriorating credit quality in assigned portfolios.
- Monitoring clients in excess and consulting with superiors to ensure that they remain within agreed limits of facilities granted.
- Provide timeous response to clients’ queries.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships and identify opportunities in those relationships for BancABC and work on those opportunities to their successful conclusions ensuring that you acquire at least one new customer account per quarter from those opportunities.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships and identify opportunities in those relationships for ABC and the wider Group and to work on those opportunities to their successful conclusion
- Identify business requirements in respect of the product solution requirements needed to satisfy customer needs and requirements.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Business Degree or Equivalent
- IOBZ Diploma an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years banking experience in a Supervisory role or similar
Skills and Competencies:
- Corporate customer facing experience
- Sound commercial judgment
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Good problem-solving skills, expressing the ability to question, listen and understand the customer and business environment.
- The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for the country banking system.
- Knowledge and analytical skills, ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations, including strategy, product/services design, credit risk management, credit underwriting, collections, etc.
- Strong MS Office suite skills a must.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Account Relationship Officer” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 05 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.