The Government of Zimbabwe has received funding for the Zimbabwe Health Sector Development Support Project from the Global Financing Facility through the World Bank administered Health Sector Development Support Project Additional Financing V. The objective of the project is to improve coverage and quality of an integrated package of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health Plus Nutrition (RMNCAH-N) services, as well as strengthen COVID-19 response and institutional capacity to manage performance-based contracts consistent with the Recipients’ ongoing health initiatives. CORDAID is the Project Implementing Entity.
The project will expand the Result Based Financing (RBF) package of services to cover prioritized RMNCAH-N and other related services to respond to Zimbabwe’s burden of disease while also reconfiguring the RBF approach to appropriately respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to continuing to support institutionalization of the Rural RBF programme, the project will support central hospitals and provincial hospitals through quality focused RBF, pilot extended supply side of community RBF through community based health workers, scale up the pilot urban RBF to additional the remaining facilities in the two urban cities i.e. Harare and Bulawayo and provide TA in assessing introduce feasibility of introducing health equity card given fiscal context and available resources. The project will also support the Government’s COVID-19 emergency response and further strengthen institutional capacity through implementation of selected health financing reforms.
The accountant will collect, verify, process and file financial data and supporting documents; prepare financial transactions for endorsement by the Finance and Administration Specialist; prepare financial reports, facilitate financial audits, and administer payroll.
- Receive payment requests and verify whether all relevant documentation is attached before submitting for review and initiate all bank payments;
- Follow up payment queries with the bank and submit proof of payments when required;
- Process payroll, compute taxes, prepare returns and submit to Finance and Administration Specialist for review;
- Enter all financial transactions into the bookkeeping system on a weekly basis and process them after approval by the Finance and Administration Specialist;
- Provide financial support to field staff;
- Assist with financial audits as necessary;
- Ensure proper filing and back up of all financial data; Prepare financial reports and budgets.
- Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree;
- Holder of a professional accounting qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, CA, etc;
- 2-4 years’ work experience as an Accountant;
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills;
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheets;
- Experience with general ledger functions;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good analytical skills;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Only candidates with above minimum requirements should apply.
Responses will be sent to short listed candidates only.
Deadline: 28 August 2020