Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Accountant (Bulawayo Program Area) – Job Description
Reporting to the Country Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible for providing timely and reliable financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making to facilitate timely delivery of the Program Area (PA) operational plan.
- Support the PA Management team to ensure that financial resources are optimally used for the benefit of Plan families and their communities.
- Build capacities of communities in project financial management
- Review payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Consolidate and Review PA Budgets both Program and Administration
- Monitor budget versus actual expenditure.
- Recover all costs on all projects on a monthly basis
- Ensure timely processing and disbursement of payments to suppliers.
- Manage PA bank account in line with provided guidelines and cash management
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management reports.
- Ensure adherence to financial controls, processes and procedures.
- Continuous review of internal control processes and procedures.
- Follow up finance-related audit actions.
- Conduct annual physical asset verifications by 30 June each year
- In situ training of communities in financial and record maintenance.
- Project support visit and reporting.
- Management of grants finance and the reporting processes.
- Partner support visits and partner capacity building.
- Grants management.
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including but not limited to Safeguarding Policy, Gender Equality Policy, Code of Conduct and mandatory reporting responsibility.
- A degree in Accounting; CIS or equivalent qualification
- 3-5-years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up
- Strong management skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting software package
- Develops, motivates, coaches and manages finance team
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Bulawayo)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 18 December 2020