Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Accountant to join its Finance Department.
The role is responsible for providing sound financial information for management decision making that will assist in operational strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Analyses financial statements and prepares performance reports that contribute to medium and long term business planning.
- Analyses financial and non-financial key performance indicators tracking and offers profession judgement on how the business can improve its financial performance.
- Analyses the final budgets and produces the budget report articulating all the key issues in the annual business plan.
- Processes budget journals (budget reallocations, budget increases, budget restrictions) as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Performs sensitivity analysis on new products and services recommending adjustments to the product offerings.
- Carries out ongoing evaluation of new staff and trainees, identifying performance strengths and deficiencies and arranges for necessary action.
- Interprets and communicates financial data to non-financial managers highlighting their sectional contribution to the overall financial performance of the organisation
- Determines the content and structure of EWPL board reports detailing the performance areas of the business.
- Determines the historical key performance drivers relevant for financial projections.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- A vocational qualification in CIMA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation and with external parties.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position “Accountant – Planning” in the
subject line by Friday, 18 December 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.