Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it. SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Purpose of the position
The Admin and Procurement Coordinator closely work with the HR & Admin Coordinator and is responsible for admin and procurement support to enable operations to be rolled-out expeditiously in line with the Association plans. He/she ensures the goals and objectives of the association are achieved. The Admin and Procurement Coordinator is a proactive contributor in the continuous process of improvement of the quality of standards in the delivery process of the association.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the compliance of all internal supply procedures and channels in the purchasing of goods and services for the Association;
- Purchases all items required in the association as per the specific requirements outlined by the facilities;
- Checks if the items purchased meet the minimum required quality standards;
- Analyses the market prices and develops price lists from the different service providers on a quarterly basis;
- Identify reliable suppliers and produces an approved suppliers list for the program in close collaboration with the management team;
- Develops contracts with the different Service providers and checks if the contracts are clear on what the service providers are required to deliver at the right price, quantity and quality;
- Lead in ensuring compliance of all procurement and tender procedures;
- Takes stock of all Association assets and resources and keeps monthly inventory;
- Book hotels and make travel arrangements for the Co- workers and other program participants;
- Check if the vehicle log books are correctly filled by the drivers;
- Follow up on fuel consumption;
- Checks if all car maintenance and services are done as per the set schedules;
- Checks if there is a proper recording and filing of service history in collaboration with the NO driver;
- Identify quality mechanic service providers and use genuine spare parts during repairs;
- Ensure all used spares parts are collected by the drivers after every service;
- Checks quality management and cost follow- ups of the organization;
- Carry out monthly checks of all building, plumbing, electrical wires, roofing, septic tank and report any repairs needed;
- Identify reliable construction company or hand work services Renew/terminate lease agreements for tenants residing in MA properties and follow up on all outstanding rentals
Qualifications and Experience
The Admin and Procurement Coordinator must have:
- University Degree in Procurement; Supply Chain Management or related field;
- A CIPPS advanced diploma will be an added advantage;
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing and procurement;
- Working knowledge of procurement management principles and practices will be a definite advantage;
- Must have working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts;
- High competency level in MS Office applications;
- A recognized and registered member of Certified Procurement Professionals;
- Successful candidate must also have good communication, analytical skills, negotiating and problem solving skills,
- He/she should have excellent networking skills.
Please send a cover letter and CV, with three traceable referees who are previous supervisors, to the email address indicated below. The heading of your email should be written “Admin and Procurement Coordinator “.
E-mail: Applications and detailed CVs including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 6 July 2020