Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity. Plan International Zimbabwe is recruiting for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Administration Graduate Intern
Duration: 1 year
Location: Harare Country Office
The primary objective of this internship is to give a recent graduate experience in the practical aspects of all Administration & Procurement practices and procedures at Plan International Zimbabwe. The graduate intern will be responsible for administration duties, asset management and manning the reception.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manning the reception.
- Attending to visitors and dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Receipting incoming cash and process petty cash
- Carrying out the whole procurement process from requisition, inquiry, canvass, order, goods receipt and payment.
- Assets management from receiving, logging and reporting
- Stores function – receiving of goods, recording, issuing and reporting
Qualifications And Experience
- Recent graduate with a Higher National Diploma/First degree in Business
Administration/ Supply Chain Management or Equivalent qualification
- 1 year relevant working experience at a similar level
- Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to:
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people.
In this regard, reference and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearances on child related offences in conformity with our Safeguarding Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 18 June 2020.
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Related Jobs (8)
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract