The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in the Mutare Field Office The Job holder reports to a Head of Office. At this level job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holder has a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holder is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
Reporting to the Head of Field Office, the incumbent will be responsible for overall Administration support on operations, management and reporting and assist to coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate or degree in the related functional area is an added advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
|Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to nationals of Zimbabwe only.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment attaching a signed application letter, a Curriculum Vitae and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applicants are requested to submit their applications on or before the closing date of 26 March 2020.
.Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Related Jobs (8)
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract