The Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust (VFWT) is a Zimbabwean conservation organization. It was founded in 2008 by the local community in Victoria Falls and it now works across southern Africa, supporting community stewardship of wildlife, finding scientific solutions to conservation problems and by rehabilitating and releasing wildlife injured through human interference.
As VFWT approaches its tenth year of operation it is seeking an Administrative Assistant, to the senior management to help provide hands on support in the office.
This role will be key to helping the VFWT team in its operations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Point of contact for general public, donors, collaborators, and visitors;
- Maintaining excellent customer service with donors, including answering the phone, E-mails, and mail and responding in a timely manner;
- Support the organization with on-site presentations to visitors if needed;
- Basic administration of paperwork, scheduling, maintaining rosters of equipment services and maintenance;
- Assist with fundraising events administration, bookings, and on-site support during the events
- Day to day recording of expenses and income in accounting software;
- Monthly reconciliation of financials;
- Run payroll, internet banking and be fiscally responsible for petty cash, and POS transactions;
- Liaising with partners on accounts, cash ups and reconciling with budget;
- Purchasing of supplies, orders and managing quotations
Skills and Experience
- 2 to 3 years work experience in related role;
- Quickbooks, Pastel or equivalent accounting software knowledge;
- Must have a clean Driver’s License with at least 2 years of driving experience;
- Strong spoken and written English, and competent with public speaking to small groups;
- Competent with a range of software including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- Confident to interact with and present our Wildlife Ambassadors such as Judge the Vulture;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, occasionally on weekends;
- Committed to the conservation of wildlife across Southern Africa.
- Experience in wildlife tourism as host or guide;
- Basic understanding of social media;
- Fluency in other Zimbabwean, regional and/or European languages
Terms and conditions
This role will be offered on a 12-month contract initially with the potential to extend based on performance of the post holder. A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate. Applicants must be ready to live and work in or near Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
Applicants should submit a CV no longer than 3 pages and 1 page covering letter outlining their suitability for the role to: email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we will only be able to contact applicants shortlisted for interview.
Applications from all parts of our community are welcomed and encouraged.
Deadline: 6 March 2020