Education Coalition of Zimbabwe (ECOZI) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the posts of Advocacy and Communications Officer that has arisen in the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the formulation, implementation and monitoring of advocacy and communications strategies for the organisation;
- Coordinating all advocacy and communications related activities across the coalition and ensure membership participation in the processes;
- Preparing position papers and policy briefs and presenting same to coalition members and policy makers;
- Capacitating programme staff on media, advocacy and communication;
- Producing press statements, releases, supplements and newsletters for the organization;
- Coordinating policy dialogues with ECOZI members and external stakeholders such as parliamentary portfolio committees, government ministries and development partners;
- Engages with the media for awareness raising and advocacy on education policy issues and visibility of the organization;
- Manages social media communication of the organisation.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in policy analysis, lobbying and advocacy in a membership driven organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to produce policy briefs, position papers, press releases and website content;
- Demonstrated ability to use all forms of social media to communicate;
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communication products in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to conceptualize and design advocacy and information campaigns;
- Good and diplomatic communication skills
- University Degree in Journalism, International Relations, Mass Communication or equivalent with not less than 5 years’ experience in conducting national advocacy campaigns;
- Experience of working in a membership based organization in the same or related capacity;
- Experience in developing communication materials;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, demonstrated commitment to working for a membership based organisation.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13 March 2020