CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
The Incumbent will assist in training of producer groups, monitoring and technical support on farming as a business, identification of potential input and output markets, market linkages between producer farmers, agro dealers and suppliers/buyers and report writing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the production of the agriculture activity plans at community level on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepares Individual Operating Plan (IOP) in line with project Annual Operating Plan (AOP
- Assists in farmer groups mobilisation and sensitisation for meetings and trainings
- Assists in registration of producer groups for market linkages
- Assists in collection of value of base income, production and value of sales / income tracking information at farmer level.
- Assists in facilitating training of FAAB and other marketing trainings
- Assists in data collection relevant to the project interventions
- Assists in identification of opportunities to link farmers with lucrative markets
- Assists in monthly, quarterly and annual report writing (IPTT, Narrative reports, Success Stories)
- Assists in organising and facilitating community relationships including Government line Ministries, NGOs and private sector players at Ward level
- Diploma/Degree in Agriculture or Agribusiness
- One-year attachment or post qualification experience in Agriculture related field
- Has knowledge of value chains and market linkages, in group formation and has community engagement skills