Our Client is well established –
- Identifying new potential growers and selection and screening of existing growers based on past performance.
- Monitoring and tracking of all contracted growers and reporting on progress or lack of it.
- Facilitating contractual agreements and contractual compliance with the selected growers based on the approved cropping programme.
- Coordinating deliveries/ collections from contracted farmers.
- Training of out growers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) in line with Food Safety Standards.
- Developing and monitoring crop budgets/production costing models in line with best in class crop production.
- Developing out-
growers’ agri- business skills.
- Promoting and participating in farmer field days and shows.
- Recommending out-
growers or schemes to participate in the Input scheme in accordance with the requirements of the Agronomy policy.
- Disbursing inputs to approved farmers in accordance with the approved cropping plan or programme and records maintenance.
- Ensuring full recovery of input loans advanced to out growers.
- Identifying potential non-
contract produce suppliers based on factory requirements.
- Conducting timeous crop/produce market watch and price comparisons.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelors degree or an HDN in one of the following: Plant Sciences, Agronomy or Horticulture or any such related qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience working in Agricultural advisory services, preferably in the horticulture sector, both with companies and with smallholders.
- Candidate must have relevant experience in farmer training (development, training, evaluation, setting up field demonstrations and trials.
- Good writing, communication and facilitation skills.
- Valid class 4 drivers’ licence.
Salary $100,000 ZWL plus allowances
Please send your CV in word format! Also provide your current salary and benefits details!
Offered Salary$100,000 ZWL