Position Title: AGYW School Mentor
Location: DREAMS Bulawayo Office
Supervisor: District Program Leader
Under the supervision of the District Program Leader, the AGYW School Mentor will be responsible for the provision of mentorship and support to in-school learners in the Schools where the DREAMS Program is being implemented.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the District Program Leader:
- Provide mentorship and support to Adolescent Girls in school.
- Act as role model to learners in school through provision of guidance on career and life choices.
- Provision of life skills orientation to the members of the DREAMS Clubs in-schools.
- Facilitate learning and exchange visits, capacity building of learning hubs, knowledge generation and advocacy platforms for schools in Bulawayo (During knowledge generation platforms, school assembly, sports galas and others school activities).
- Support with referrals, linkages and access to services for Sexual violence survivors .
- Ensure DREAMS schools meet the Program expectations( Setting up of in-school structures).
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to learn and work in a team.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills .
- Ambitious and passionate about girls.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A holder of at least an A Level certificate
- Former DREAMS beneficiary
- Experience in working with DREAMS beneficiaries
- Must have played the DREAMS Ambassador role
- Coming from a school where DREAMS program has been implemented
- Have an understanding of the DREAMS program
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.