One of our clients is looking for a reliable Air Freight Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. The goal is to maintain the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- To work as a Freight Manager or Airfreight Manager you will need to archive growth by ensuring team members meet their Individual targets. They must also ensure that goods are moved safely and efficiently on behalf of an exporter.
- The job includes preparing financial and management reports. This could involve liaising with transport, subcontractors, airline and customers. Reports will need to be submitted to a director or manager at a specified time.
- The role the Air Freight Manager also includes strategy and planning – including the development of operational strategies based on financial budgets.
- The Air Freight Manager will work according to tight deadlines and so it is important that the individual be able to work under pressure on a daily basis and react to difficult situations, which may may occur when deadlines look as though they may not be achieved.
- Carry out staff performance reviews in line with their company’s procedures as part off their management role.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Meet cost productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- You maybe required to carry out inductions or training of new personnel. Alternatively, you may have to manage the training of new personnel and maintain records.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, logistics or any related field
- A Masters degree is considered a bonus
- Previous experience as an Air Freight Manager is desirable, but good administrative skills and experience as a Freight manager in an area other than air; maybe sufficient.
- Must have good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Good teamwork skills and strong self-motivation.
- Good numeric skills are important
- Good knowledge of geography to assist with the day-to-day movement of freight around the world.
- Good time management skills are essential especially the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Word, Excel etc; Raton, Logistics or Supply Chain
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.