About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure all invoices/other payment requests are scanned to the Hub through E-flow upon receipt from the business.
- Co-ordinate with the Hub for all issues related to staff/ vendor payments
- Co-ordinate with the Hub and ensure that staff/vendor payments are processed on time as per SLA
- Processed all duly approved manual payments
- Provide accurate information to the Hub on taxes (e.g. WHT and VAT) to ensure correct processing of all invoices
- Maintain archival of all paid invoices as per SCB Archival policy
- Attend Dashboard call on a monthly basis
- Verification of entries passed through Intersystem before posting them to PSGL
- Prepare invoices for transmission to the Hub, ensuring that invoices not subject to purchase orders are appropriately authorised and coded
- Ensure all invoices have a valid PO.
- Answer queries for unmatched POs
- Review asset additions and disposals before depreciation run
- On a regular basis, reconcile the fixed asset to the GL and asset register.
- Process payroll entries for input at the Hub
- Carry out system administration for the finance server
- Monitor accounts that are reconciled at the Hub and reconcile those that are done in country, EBBS/PSGL Intersystem account, Sundry Creditors, Sundry Debtors, Cash Advance, Return to Company, Online suspense, Trade Creditors, Payment Suspense, Sundry suspense
- Document and monitor all dashboard call action points for closure
- Ensure all entries related to urgent payments are approved by the CFO/FC and processed by the Hub on time
- Process CBR, foreign payments and all off system payments to approved vendors and pass necessary recording journals
- Maintain a schedule of all exchange control approvals and match with the paid invoices on a monthly basis
- Submit half yearly returns to Exchange control for all paid foreign vendors.
- Working together with Supply Chain, address vendor queries/complaints in a timely manner and maintain an issues log to enable senior management address any recurrent/persistent issues.
- Maintain all supporting documents/evidence for GL reconciliations
- Maintain supporting documents /evidence for KCSA/KRI checks
- Actively engage the Hub to ensure that online suspense accounts are reconciled as per timelines stipulated in the SLA with all issues escalated
- Ensure all accounts payable, fixed asset, CBR accounts are reconciled and submitted in FCS on time
- Provide guidance on T&E and (e-procurement in liaison with SCM) to stakeholder when required
- Provide fixed assets journals within agreed timelines to ensure the Hub is able to submit assets movement schedules on time
- Maintain and control the bank’s fixed asset register ensuring compliance with Group Accounting Standards.
- Ensure fixed assets are reconciled monthly.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A formal Accounting/Business qualification – Degree, CIS, CIMA, IOBZ etc and a wide knowledge of computers and use of spreadsheets.
- A good and broad knowledge of banking practice and management techniques, Group and local banking accounting practice and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, organise resources, handle a variety of duties and cope with changing situations on a day to day basis.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate, make judgements and communicate clearly and logically both orally and in writing
Deadline : 11/Mar/2020
Related Jobs (10)
Grants and Compliance Manager – Key Populations Programme on July 2, 2020 Full Time
Financial Controller on June 23, 2020