Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Statutory Reporting: Responsible for the preparation of the interim and annual statutory financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Group Reporting: Responsible for the preparation of the monthly reports and quarterly Group IFRS pack in liaison with the Hub
- To ensure that Statutory accounts are drawn up in accordance with local requirements in a timely manner
- To monitor and implement the application of a standard chart of accounts, maintenance of standards over the General Ledger as per the Financial Control policy and to ensure that suspense accounts are cleared promptly by departments/branches responsible for their reconciliations.
- Contributing to the Accounting Technical Skills role of the Finance Function.
- Tax Computation: Responsible for the Income and Deferred tax computation as part of IFRS financial statement preparation
- Liaison with Group tax and local tax advisers to support the effective management of the Group’s tax affairs and local corporate liabilities.
- Manage compliance with local corporate, income and other tax regimes (eg withholding taxes) and minimize the burden of taxation on the Group.
- Budgeting and forecasting: Coordination of the Other Banking and Support Functions budgeting and forecasting processes, consolidation of the inputs, evaluation of the output and submission of the same to group, after making sure it meets Group standards and timelines.
- Monitoring financial performance against targets and key milestones and advising Functions on corrective actions.
- Provide financial analytics to all the Support Functions and play a leading role in Budgeting and cost control for the same Units.
- Provide evaluation and analysis of investment decisions and options through the financial evaluations of projects (PEDs) and product programs (PPGs) prepared by Support Functions before approval by Heads of Divisions and CFO. Monitoring project spends for major projects to ensure there are no cost overruns including PIR (post implementation review) of all major projects.
- Provide business finance support to Property covering monthly and project reporting requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree and part professional qualification in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, CA, CIMA, CIS or IOBZ etc. and a wide knowledge of computerized accounting and use of spreadsheets.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of banking practice
- General understanding of minimum controls standards
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability
- Probing mind
- Sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards and Group Accounting Policy
- High level of computer literacy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Deadline: 12 March 2020