SilverStreet Capital LLP is a specialist private equity impact investor in the agricultural sector with offices in the UK, Zimbabwe and South Africa. SilverStreet has raised two funds which are invested across six countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. SilverStreet strives to achieve positive developmental outcomes and beneficial social impact from the agricultural businesses that it invests in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SilverStreet is growing its Investment Team and is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst to join its Harare office. You will work closely with the CIO, the Investments Team and evaluate, execute and close transactions. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Analyse potential investments and be involved in all phases of the investment process from and including origination, evaluation, financial modelling, due diligence and deal execution.
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring, valuation, and financial forecasting for investments, with a hands-on approach requiring close interaction with portfolio company management.
- Significant involvement with the drafting of Investment Memoranda and Investment Committee minutes.
- Project manage transactions.
- Draft quarterly investment valuation papers.
- Support portfolio companies where required with interactions with regulators, banks, investors and NGOs.
- Undertake research on markets and industries, country specific risk and statistical investigations related to investments.
- Develop statistical data collection processes and models to monitor factors related to social and climate impact.
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc reports to senior executives and investors.
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Newly qualified/near-qualified actuary or CFA designation.
- Two-four years’ investment experience in a reputable corporate finance/investment house
- Strong analytical, statistical and quantitative capabilities.
- Strong commercial and numerical skills, with an excellent knowledge of excel and financial modelling experience.
- Highly motivated and organised individual with excellent communications skills.
- Have a hands-on approach to the role and work well within a diverse group across jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with corporate finance and impact investing in Africa and/or the agricultural sector is advantageous.
Please email email@example.com to apply