Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post, which has arisen in the Finance Department, Marketing Division.
- Ensure timely account payment by customers.
- Circulate customers ageing analysis to interested parties in the company.
- Oversee the debtors master file — Customers credit limits and strictly monitor payment terms.
- Process customer receipts when they settle their accounts.
- Oversee credit notes issuance and processing the system.
- Attend to customer queries relating to their account balance on time.
- At close of quarter and financial year, confirm account balances with customers in writing.
- Attend to group inter-company reconciliations with divisions and related companies. A file of confirmed monthly balances to be maintained as part of month end procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of growers’ accounts as creditors i.e. monthly reconciliations.
- Oversee company C.R.M.
- Receive and process growers’ invoices timeously and ensure that all the DNs are cleared in the accruals account.
- Update supplier payments made through the banks.
- Maintain a file of weekly and monthly reconciliations with growers.
- Ensure timely settlement of the suppliers’ accounts per signed agreement.
- Attend to suppliers’ queries with regards to their account balances and required details.
- Maintain reputable relations with other growers and other suppliers for the company.
- Complete monthly inter division and inter-company reconciliations on time for reporting.
- Maintain a file of confirmed and sign off inter division and inter-company reconciliations.
- Put in place a structure to ensure all data required for the Matrix is received on time.
- Review and make necessary updates on the Pricing Matrix.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Power Point and experience with Sage Evolution
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in an FMCG Account environment and should have a proven track record of implementing strong internal controls at least 3 years at a senior level.
- Accounting degree or any related financial qualification.
- Full ACCA/CIMA or studying towards a relevant professional qualification
- Articles of Clerkship and knowledge of CaseWare an added advantage
- Excellent supervisory, leadership and mentoring skills.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit updated CVs to email@example.com with ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT as the subject of the email application by 17 August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.