Location: Mutare, MA, ZW
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Assistant Accountant (Manicaland) Job Description
Reporting to the Program Area Accountant, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for facilitating timely production of financial reports by capturing accounting transactions timely and accurately. The incumbent is also responsible for disbursement and receipt of cash resources, banking of cash collected, maintenance of inventory records, prepare advance and contracts and filing of all financial records.
- Timely preparation of cheques based on complete and accurately coded payment packages.
- Prepare journal entries to record/ correct financial records.
- Prepare advance and contract monitoring reports.
- Prepare intercompany charges and pass to relevant offices timely.
- Prepare cash for banking and ensure correct deposits are made at bank.
- Prepare Cash Flow forecast for the 18+ Project based on a positive budget balance.
- Perform monthly surprise petty cash counts.
- Conduct quarterly inventory verifications and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- Administration of payroll changes.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of monthly financial management reports.
- Build capacities of communities in project financial management and Prepare field visit reports.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Degree in Accounting, Part C CIS or equivalent qualification
- 5 “O” levels including Mathematics and English Language.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
Specific skills of this position:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals.
Location: Zimbabwe (Manicaland)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 16 February 2020