Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking for a new colleague to join our team in Harare as an Assistant Commercial Finance Manager on a junior managerial role.
The Assistant Commercial Finance Manager’s role is to be a key support to the Head of Finance in ensuring appropriate common practices and standards to drive commercial focus and facilitate decision making. The Assistant Commercial Finance Manager will also be key to ensuring a sound control environment to address business risks and to up-lift financial acumen within the manufacturing and Supply Chain functions.
Financial information is a key asset for all companies and methodologies need to be implemented that ensure the provision of this information responds to the requirements of a dynamic and ever changing environment. Forecasts need to be robust, including sensitivities in terms of key issues prevailing.
- To participate at the development of the overall business strategy that meets the Company’s objectives and is consistent with the finance strategy and the Global Strategy
- A key member of finance Meetings, where he is expected to share the finance matters from commercial, contribute with finance and business expertise for smart decision-making and contribute for the achievement of the company overall objectives
- To coordinate the preparation of the annual company Plan and assist business managers to identify opportunities to optimise costs and assets use within this process and on an ongoing basis
- To provide management with routine information, analysis and advice on ongoing performance against plans to enhance decision-making
- To ensure On Time in full reporting on Net turnover, Cost of Sales and Marketing investments elements in BPC including timely responses to above market requests
- To ensure existence of a strong control environment within the commercial finance by advising on compliance to policies and procedures, sharing best practices and ensure ongoing spot checks on control environment matters
- To forecast, manage and control capital expenditure. Perform asset verifications and recommend the necessary ledger adjustments to the Corporate Finance for BAT Zimbabwe
- To manage and control all BAT Zimbabwe Stocks by ensuring robust adherence to the stock policy
- To coordinate all activities related to the provision of forecasts for all types of expenditures in the factory and the activity of calculating and reporting to local and area management of the performance of the factory in accordance with the BAT guidelines
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management and systems
- Commercial acumen, with direct exposure and experience in commercial Finance
- Good understanding of the relationships, interfaces and objectives of different functional areas in a Company which is part of an International Group
- Possess excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the company and externally
- Effective leader
- A financial background with a professional accountancy qualification (CA,CIMA, ACCA)
- 4 years of post qualified finance managerial experience
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.