The Federation of Organisations of Disabled People in Zimbabwe (FODPZ) is the national umbrella organisation for Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) in Zimbabwe. The organisation seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Assistant Finance Officer who will be responsible for providing the necessary financial and administrative assistance to the Federation’s programmes and in accordance with the strategic direction set by the National Director and the Board.
Reporting to, and assisting, the Finance and Administration Officer:
- Administer FODPZ funds in accordance with approved budgets;
- Monitor monthly cash flow of the organization finances;
- Establish good working relationships donors and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization;
- Track project expenditures and income;
- Prepare periodic donor reports in accordance with donor reporting requirements;
- Prepare project proposal budgets;
- Post financial transactions in Pastel Accounting System in terms of approved Chart of Accounts;
- Process statutory returns such as tax (ZIMRA) and National Social Security (NSSA);
- Produce monthly management accounts and reports;
- Ensure implementation of the Financial Procedures Policy document and other policies;
- Review and propose improvement in internal control systems;
- Provide human resources administration support to the organisation;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the organisation;
- Assist with procurement requirements for the organisation;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Officer.
- A minimum of a relevant Degree or Diploma in Finance and Administration from a recognised Institution or University.
- At least one year experience in an NGO environment;
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting;
- Holder of a Clean Class 4 driver’s licence;
- Experience working with organisations for/of persons with disabilities is an added advantage.
Desired skills and competencies
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency;
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization;
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Ms Outlook and Ms Word;
- Excellent report writing and facilitation skills
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter highlighting how they meet the above criteria, a resume and relevant academic and professional qualifications to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email should be clearly marked ‘Assistant Finance Officer’.
The motivation letter should include: Earliest date of availability & expected gross salary.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 May 2020