Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
- Reporting to the District AGYW Prevention Services Officer (DAPSO) School Program, the Assistant Project Officer (DAPSO) – School Program is responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of the DREAMS Project Community-School-based activities under the guidance of the Project District AGYW Prevention Services Officer (DAPSO).
- The APO works closely with the District AGYW PSO to implement with fidelity the DREAMS Program interventions for AGYW aged 9-19 who are in school.
- The APO is responsible for implementing and tracking progress against technical benchmarks, targets and timeframe.
- He/she ensures that project implementation is in line with the approved proposal, sub-population specific models, curricula, budget and work-plan.
- S/he is responsible for recruiting, supervising, mentoring and supporting teachers, DREAMS Ambassadors, community cadres engaged by the program in the district.
- She/he is responsible for administrative support for the school program, ensuring that the necessary paperwork and approvals have been submitted, as per organizational and donor guidelines and standards, to the District AGYW PSO–School Program.
- They will ensure timely documentation and reporting of program activities using the ZHI weekly, monthly, biannual and annual reporting formats.
- Participates in designing Project, developing methodologies, work plans and budgets for the DREAMS Program for the assigned interventions;
- Drafts inception plans and other program documents and communication;
- Implements Project activities at district level, scheduling activities and monitoring the Project to make sure planned targets are achieved on time;
- Ensures agreed quality standards for the management and outputs of DREAMS Project are met.
- Works with the SIE team to implement the M&E action plan, making sure that M & E data for the Project is collected and MER reports are produced, as required;
- Works closely with the Finance team to monitor Project expenses and to ensure accurate Project financial reporting;
- Assists with drafting timely and professional Project narrative reports and submits them to the PO, as required;
- Contributes towards the development of Project IEC materials and messages, as appropriate;
- Manages partner relations by supporting the partners, responding to their enquiries/queries and ensuring that there is effective communication regarding Project activities;
- Arranges trainings for district staff or partners, community cadres and assists in various capacity strengthening activities.
- Plans/facilitates/rapporteurs at Project meetings, dialogues and workshops;
- Provides representation and/or participation of the organisation at various functions, including but not limited to workshops, dialogues, conferences and field visits;
- Supervises, mentors and supports teachers, DREAMS Ambassadors as well as reviewing their performance and producing related reports;
- Performs other Project activities as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Social Science Degree, Education, Adult Education, Health Promotions/ or any other related degree;
- Post basic qualification in Program Management or Adult Education or Health Promotions will be an added advantage;
- Two or more years’ experience in development work is an added advantage;
- Experience with large complex organization and programs is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred,
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, good analytical skills; Initiative in learning and self-development;
- Respectful, willing to cooperate with and support Project stakeholders including colleagues, beneficiaries, local community and local leaders
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position and location you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered
Deadline: 20 November 2020