Duty Station: Harare
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research Zimbabwe (CeSHHAR Zimbabwe) is registered with the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare as a private voluntary organisation (PVO). CeSHHAR houses several HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects.
The assistant social scientist will work under the supervision of the Project Lead and will be responsible for quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and coding. Specific duties include:
- Formulation of Standard operating procedures for data collection, handling, transcription and translation;
- Conduct mapping and sensitization meetings in areas that the research is working in;
- Enrolling and interviewing members of the study communities in accordance with agreed; procedures and timetable;
- Obtaining informed consent and assent;
- Recruitment of qualitative study participants according to protocol eligibility criteria;
- Conducting qualitative interviews (focus group discussions, and in-depth interviews);
- Assist the Project Lead in the submission of approvals to local IRBs;
- Any other research duties as may be assigned by the Project Lead.
- Valid GCP, ethics and PSEA certificates, good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours when required;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organisations in HIV/AIDS related programmes.
- A MSc degree in social sciences; and experience in research with adolescent and vulnerable children is an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience and interest in adolescent health, ability to do community mobilization, create rapport with personnel from collaborating or associate institutions and work independently but within a team framework.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to email@example.com
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 August 2020 (4:30pm)